Saturday, November 8, 2008

Perspective - Tricky business indeed

So, day two of perspective, and here are the results:
(they are meant to be stools btw)




What I am learning is that it is really important to measure the relative lengths of things, often using the pencil and my thumb to mark length. This is what the book recommends. Also, when drawing things with depth at an angle, triangles and diamonds fall out. Like in the middle stool on the top you can see the triangles I drew at the bottom between the legs, draw lines between all the legs and you would have a diamond.

The triangles help understand where the legs should fall, while the box helps keep the relative lengths correct. It is a bit hard to explain, but if you really want to understand it, try sketch a stool in a box and you will see what I mean. (then come back and explain it to me. k? thnx.)

No comments: