Friday, June 12, 2009

Elizabeth Taylor

Whatever it is, Elizabeth Taylor had it. I think I did a good job on this portrait in terms of shading. In the past I would draw a rough oval for the face, and then draw the eyes. This time I drew the oval and started shading. As a rule, I think I am going to try let shading drive the drawings from now on.

I didn't shade the whole face, or even all of her hair, trying to catch places where light seems to have fallen, and I would say I need to remember to do that, because it adds a lot. This is also the happiest I have ever been with portraying a nose!

Otherwise, I did mess up the proportions on her face, her eyes seem a little off, but then again, I guess that is what I get for trying to draw a perfect face in the first place!

Sketch of Elizabeth Taylor

No comments: